Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks~GIVING














I have read all kinds of inspirational and tipsy type stuff over the holidays.  It's all over the web, no kidding! So in the interest of originality I want to share my personal thanksgiving~just where I'm coming from this year for a day of Thanks!

I'd first like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I am a Christian by the grace of God, and so thankful He is present in my life.

I am thankful for a good GREAT husband! I don't say it often enough, but I have one wonderful Christian husband and father in my life.  We are so blessed to have him, and I love him!

Two wonderful blessings called teenagers~YIKES! LOL in my life...I saw a quote off a signature (sorry I can't remember the name, but will give her credit when I figure it out ;-)) "Raising teenagers is like nailing jello to a tree."  Ya think she can relate?????  I have wonderful children who are blessings from God.  I am learning more about ME than I will ever teach them~I love them.

I have two wonderful parents.  My father has who is retired, worked all his life to provide a honest living for our family.  He's been the best he's known how to be.  I admire him for his hard work and abilities to lay his hands to do most anything.  There's a certain genius in this, I think.  My mother is the inspiration and driving force that has always encouraged me.  She has been a life long learner and is very creative.  It's her drive, initiative and abilities that I draw much of my strength.  I MISS HER soo much as I live waaaaaaaaayyyy too far away from her.  This is the bitter pill of following and serving, but I know God knows.  I know He cares.  I know I must...

My brother was a force in my life that while gone for over seven years continues to impact me.  I don't think one ever totally get "over" a loss in the close family tie.  He was the brightest spark of our family and certainly MORE than I will ever become.  I miss him everyday.  I can still hear his voice sometimes speaking when I think about how he sounded, and I can't wait until the day I will see him again.  Life stinks sometimes, and his loss was that for me.  I live on because I know he would want it~he said so... and because, I do~I am thankful I was not an only child for as long as I had him in my life . . .

My brother's children are much of an extension of him for me as well as their own special unqiueness! They also live too far away, but I love them! I am so proud of the men they are becoming! I am thankful beyond words for them both!

My children who do not live with me bring special thanksgiving in my heart. This may sound strange if you don't know me personally, but I have children who I call "mine" who for the reasons known to God that I did not get to raise but for a short time in their lives, but who forever changed my life.  I am so thankful for some boys who called me "Mama" who continue to love me, and I have been able to know as they grow up! Fostering is a hard road, but rewarding, and I am thankful.

I am thankful for my heath, both the good times and the not so good.  I am thankful for the Lord's presence in my life.

I am thankful for friends~WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT YOU FRIENDS??  Never a day goes by without your encouragment.  I am so blessed to have some very close long abiding friendships~when a person has just one, Oh how rich! I am sooo amazingly blessed!!

Our church family is so loving.  We love each other~there's such an encouragment and strength! Blessings abound here for me~I love you all and thank God upon every rememberance!

Furry Friends are in my life~a big ole dog and two furbaby kittens! I am blessed to have them "tolerate me." ;-))

Today is the day before the day of Thanks~Thanks to God for His unending mercy and grace, coupled with love! AND LOOK what He is doing~WOW!

I wish for each of you ALL God's wonderful goodness today, tomorrow and in the coming holiday season.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: